eMail attachment: best practice?

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Jun 25 16:35:31 EDT 2024

Under a specific condition, my app creates an email with some
pre-populated information using revMail:

revMail address, [ccAddress, [mailSubject, [messageBody]]]

So, my call is: revMail tSupportEmail, , "Diagnostic Report
Information", tEmailBody
Where tSupportEmail contains a valid email address and tEmailBody
contain the information I want to send.

I realize the user still has to click their send button in their email
client, but I have 2 questions:

1) I see the Dictionary still lists "revMailUnicode" with the same
parameters. If tEmailBody contains Unicode characters do I need to
textEncode(tEmailBody, "UTF-16") and use revMailUnicode OR is plain old
revMail now Unicode aware

2) My more important question is how does one create an email with an
attached file? I see no feature of revMail to include an attachment. Is
there some other way? If there is no way to add an attachment, what
might the best practice for sending the contents and structure of a
Livecode array be?