iPad Keyboard and rawKeyDown

scott at elementarysoftware.com scott at elementarysoftware.com
Wed Jun 12 21:53:19 EDT 2024

I’m new to using a physical keyboard with an iPad and haven’t ever done any testing to see if it worked in LiveCode. My recent experience using the new “Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro" is that rawKeyDown (and rawKeyUp) messages are not being handled by LiveCode. Is this a general failing of mobileKeyboards (the dictionary suggests not) an issue with just this newly released keyboard… or perhaps the more likely problem of developer error?

Just checking in before I submit a bug (or enhancement?) report.

--
Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)