Mosquitto library.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 8 21:11:54 EDT 2024

Mike Kerner wrote:

> * if you're on mobile, you can use push

Desktop push isn't supported in LC's notifications API?

> * you can also set up a small web server in your app to receive messages.
> levure uses this technique to receive messages from a plugin in sublime
> text that a script has been updated (so livecode will reload the script)

Good on a LAN, but how do you get past a firewall without port forwarding?

> * if we get websockets working, that will be another way to make this work.

Do we need websockets on this?  XMPP, for example, runs over regular sockets.

Either way, I'd imagine a subscribe client looking to avoid polling is going to depend on a long-lived socket, no?

Richard Gaskin
FourthWorld.com