Mosquitto library.

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 7 15:44:42 EDT 2024

* if you're on mobile, you can use push
* you can also set up a small web server in your app to receive messages.
levure uses this technique to receive messages from a plugin in sublime
text that a script has been updated (so livecode will reload the script)
* if we get websockets working, that will be another way to make this work.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2024 at 2:26 PM Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <

> Related to Mosquitto and the publish/subscribe model: is there any method
> now in LiveCode for my application to receive outside messages without
> explicitly checking to see if anything is available? In other words, is
> there a way for a message from a server to directly enter the message path
> within LC?
>
> Or is this totally dependent on a plugin based on something like what
> Joseba is asking?
>
> Peter Bogdanoff
>
> > On Jun 7, 2024, at 12:43 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> >
> >> Mosquitto library

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."