unsubscribing

Douglas A. Ruisaard dougr at telus.net
Tue Jul 30 18:23:17 EDT 2024

Old men get to be grumpy ... it's one of the few "benefits" of getting to my
age, that and being selectively hard of hearing, seriously wondering why
youngsters get tattoos on their faces and admiring beautiful women without
them being offended.  I actually *do* have this forum's incoming already
filtered to a certain degree but really felt that the topic had run its
course sufficiently to have the members "move on".  I have, over the past
few decades, greatly admired and benefitted from the sage advice, examples
and knowledge that members of this group have selflessly donated to our
collective skills and successes.  But the licensing thread seemed to have
become redundant, unproductive and (IMHO) having little relevance to the
"normal" precise and valuable guidance and lessons I often have found
amongst these discussions ... hence my response.

It is a misunderstanding that I was criticizing the nature of the topic ...
simply the duration, lack of direction and (to me) its eventual deficiency
of relevance to what I believe to be the beneficial aspects of the "normal"
technical topics presented and discussed.  If anything, I felt that the
topic content may have produced much more confusion and anxiety in many of
the participants rather than aiding them in understanding what seems to be a
fairly complex subject and highly specific to individual environments.  I
forgot to mention the acceptable advantage of being astonishingly selfish
once you reach your golden years and beyond.

As to when I will rejoin ... once I get bored with NOT hearing the wisdom of
the members.  Interesting that shortly after my diatribe, that topic seems
to have dissipated.  I continue to wish everyone success in their endeavors
and will, no doubt, open the window on your knowledge in the future.
Douglas Ruisaard