Clarification Needed: Coding vs. Drag-and-Drop in LiveCode Create Universal

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Tue Jul 30 04:13:02 EDT 2024

Hi Riko,

This is an excellent question.

While Create does include drag-drop no-code tools, it also includes the Script Editor. So you have a choice. Our goal is that you use the point and click actions for those things it does well and write scripts where required. There are two things that are really important here. Firstly, the Actions Editor (our name for our drag-drop tool) actually writes scripts using the LiveCode Script language you already know and love. So you can always go into the script editor afterwards and edit them. Secondly, you can insert scripts as a step within the actions flow. So we make it really easy to go back and forward.

Our vision is to provide a no-code tool with all the productivity benefits and ease-of-learning that this brings for routine tasks. Yet without any of the limits inherent to most drag-drop coding systems.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 30/07/2024, 06:41, "use-livecode on behalf of Riko Abadi via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

Hello Kevin,

Does LiveCode Create Universal mean that we can no longer write code and
have to rely solely on drag-and-drop like no-code platforms? I believe
no-code platforms are a waste of time since they are ultimately built with
code.