Livecode Future

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Mon Jul 29 08:28:13 EDT 2024

Changing licensing terms is not unique to us. One average successful software companies change pricing 3-4 times per year. I'm not sure that all other companies that change licensing have their CEO involved talking to customers either.

And remember, we haven't changed the licensing for the existing platform which you can continue to use on the same terms up until its end of life in 2027. The new licensing is for the new platform.

Kind regards,

Kevin

On 26/07/2024, 16:55, "use-livecode on behalf of Heriberto Torrado via use-livecode

Bob, Thank you very much for your suggestion, but I have decided not to
continue working with LiveCode. The constant changes in licensing pose a
professional risk I cannot afford.

I had a similar experience several years ago with Winautomation (now
Microsoft Power Automate). They began charging for each automation
developed with their app, and the license costs increased dramatically
overnight. This forced me to stop using their software, and I am keen to
avoid such unpleasant surprises in the future.

As I primarily develop small desktop utilities, alternatives like
Lazarus, Flutter, Electron, NW.js, or NeutralinoJS are more suitable for
my needs.

Best regards,
Heriberto