Livecode Future

Phil Smith pjsmith at pdtsoftware.com
Sat Jul 27 16:14:53 EDT 2024

Xojo is not true multithreaded.   The threads are cooperative, not preemptive.  It uses "workers" which are basically helper apps to sort of do multithreads.   They are working on preemptive threads but no idea when that will happen.  The IDE is written in Xojo so its use of threads is limited.

My personal opinion... stay away from Xojo.  Their CEO does not listen to customers and they spend more time renaming controls and events then actually adding value to the language.  They have different names for controls on each platform, i.e. DesktopButton, IOSButton, AndroidButton so you cannot use GUI code between platforms.    Documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

I used Xojo for many years until they came out with API2 and started renaming everything just for the sake of renaming.  Its a mess now.