Livecode Future

Pi Digital sean at pidigital.co.uk
Sat Jul 27 03:56:47 EDT 2024

Mike

Just picking up on your email below from earlier. You would be eligible for the 5% if you had it available in a privately accessible part of a web site to download as a standalone. That is, I’m pretty sure, the correct understanding of this licensing. And if you are getting $0 Gross from it, 5% of nothing is nothing. If you are being paid for you app by the company you work for then it is of not only commercial ‘use’ but also commercially profitable, and therefore you would pay 5% on whatever you are paid for said app Gross (ie, not just the net profit - a bit like the 30% gross you would pay to Apple from their AppStore).

If I’m wrong, someone correct me.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital