I seem to have missed something

Colin Kelly ckelly5430 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 05:16:04 EDT 2024

Like many here, I use LC to build utility apps to simplify some of the workflows in my workplace, most are raw and dirty but do the job I develop them for. I could create all of these using Python or the like but choose LC due to its simplicity and self-documenting nature as I don’t have to revisit the code often. One of LC strengths is the ease of looking at old code and been able to understand what’s going on. To-date we have many of these apps/applets running in my workplace with a growing workforce of around 180+/- employees.

I find the new licensing modal just a tad hard to swallow, my £799 annual licensing fee is going to jump to circa £90k annually on the new licensing system, unless I’ve completely misunderstood the new licensing modal! I’m sure LC would offer to heavily discount this for me but I’m sure it’s not going to be anywhere near my usual £799/year!

I’ve invested my own money into LC, supporting every kick-starter campaign, lifetime licensing campaign and paying for bolt-ons to help support the LC product through its various DP/RC stages, and to-date, not seen any really useful return on my investments! so feeling a little disappointed and let down with this latest change of direction!

Needless to say, I won’t be presenting the new figures to my employers in my annual budget meeting as I would be laughed out of the room….

In the words of the Dragons Den; ……I’m out!

Col.