Livecode Future

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Thu Jul 25 05:28:23 EDT 2024

Yes, the price for a hobbyist using multiple platforms is lower now.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 25/07/2024, 03:44, "use-livecode on behalf of Alex Tweedly via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

It’s the one signposted as something like “growing the community”.

I too dislike videos, so avoided watching this until Kevin said there was info about lifetime license holders in a video.

btw, I am a hobbyist deriving no income from LC, and I think you’re incorrect about there being no place for us in LC’s future. We can build and distribute our non-íncome-producing apps by getting a single developer seat ($449 per year); not a trivial amount but not much for a hobby (less than membership at my local golf club or gym, even before I think about buying clubs or trainers or replacing all the lost golf balls). The expiration of the lifetime license will be compensated for by a discount at the first license renewal (in December 2025??), though we don’t yet know how that will be calculated.

Sent from my iPhone