Livecode Future

Heriberto Torrado htorrado at networkdreams.net
Wed Jul 24 19:18:57 EDT 2024

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much for your response. It is an honor to receive a reply
from the founder of Livecode. I had indeed misunderstood the
non-commercial internal use licenses, so I appreciate the clarification.
Perhaps it might be helpful to address this on the future Livecode
website, as it may not be very clear to others as well.

The cost of the commercial license seems reasonable and in line with
what other manufacturers charge. As you mentioned, time is gold, and
being productive in developing an app or website significantly impacts a
company's costs. Over fifteen years ago, I decided to invest my time and
knowledge in Livecode because I consider it the best cross-platform tool
available. However, I was initially concerned when I thought each
employee had to pay $150 for using a small application in-house. I am
currently developing small applications and websites within the company,
such as an application for our IT department to easily encrypt and
decrypt folders.

I congratulate you and all Livecode team for continuing to lead Livecode
for more than 25 years. You have taken the baton from Hypercard and
elevated it to an incredible level.

Now that I know you read my messages, I would like take advantage :-)
and to suggest considering a new GPL version of Livecode Server Script.
Years ago, I replaced all my Python scripts with Livecode. I believe a
GPL version of Livecode Server would significantly boost the platform.

Best regards,

Heriberto