Livecode Future

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Wed Jul 24 12:52:15 EDT 2024

Thanks for sharing this Tom, really appreciate it.

Just one point. When you get to $1M in revenue your payments are half what you suggest I,e. $25K as the percentage steadily drops as your revenue increases. You can see an example PDF table in the FAQ under "How much are Application Payments?".

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 24/07/2024, 17:08, "use-livecode on behalf of Tom Glod via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

I want to add a couple of points about my own case / stance.

I have been with Livecode for about 11 years.
While I have not yet shipped a whole lot ...yet
I took all this time to work on my skills and to build tooling for myself
so that I can create small niche products extremely quickly and also large
products at a quick pace as well.

So in a very real sense I've been building income potential.
Income potential, which I will be joyfully executing on for the next decade
plus, with many different products.
I've spent MAYBE $3 or 4K on Livecode over those years (because I used the
community to build.)

So in my case, to me, I really have received much value from Livecode, as
Kevin said in the video.

To me, Livecode is asking, ...Tom, can you pay us 50k to make $1 million?
And they are promising an increasingly better platform in exchange, and
faster updates.
That leaves $950k for me, my family and my business.

I cannot speak on behalf of anyone else, and clearly for some this really
sucks.
I'm sorry for that and in no way am I saying that this is easy.

Thanks for listening

Tom

On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 10:55 AM Kevin Miller via use-livecode <