Encrypted text files

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Fri Jul 19 10:38:15 EDT 2024

function Encrypt_This pEncryptWhat,pKey,pSalt,pCipher
   local tEncryptedResult

   if pCipher = "" then
      encrypt pEncryptWhat using "aes256" with password pKey and salt pSalt

   else
      encrypt pEncryptWhat using pCipher with password pKey and salt pSalt
   end if

   return it
end Encrypt_This

function Decrypt_This pDecryptWhat,pKey,pSalt,pCipher
   local tDecryptResult
   put it
   try
      if pCipher = "" then
         decrypt pDecryptWhat using "aes256" with password pKey and salt
pSalt

      else
         decrypt pDecryptWhat using pCipher with password pKey and salt
pSalt
      end if
   catch tError
      put tError
   end try

   put the result into tDecryptResult

   if the result contains "Error" then
      put the result into tDecryptResult["error"]
   else
      put "ok" into tDecryptResult["result"]
      put it into tDecryptResult["data"]
   end if

   return tDecryptResult
end Decrypt_This

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 11:11 AM Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <