fwGestalt() function

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 15 19:07:49 EDT 2024

Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I got ahold of a function someone wrote years ago called fwGestalt(). It looks to
> provide information about the current application it belongs to in a report.
> However it is calling a function called Bytes2Size() which apparently converts
> hard drive space from bytes to actual free space. Does anyone have the byte2Size()
> function?

That was me (I use the "fw" prefix to distinguish "Fourth World" library stuff).

Here ya' go:

function Bytes2Size n
  set the numberformat to "0.#"
  if n < 1024 then put n &" bytes" into n
  else
    put n / 1024 into n
    if n < 1024 then put n &" k" into n
    else
      put n / 1024 &" MB" into n
    end if
  end if
  return n
end Bytes2Size

Things have changed since I wrote that. Might be good to update all the way up to TB.

Richard Gaskin
FourthWorld.com