Websockets RFC 6455

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Fri Jul 12 21:05:31 EDT 2024

Heyall,

I wanted to test Anthropic's Claude Opus with Livecode on a real project.
So I chose to worked with it to implement WebSocket's standard RFC 6455

Methodology is explained in github page.
It only had issue with 1 or 2 things, most code compiled straight from the
generation.
Very impressed with it over ChatGPT.

Obviously, its still WIP, untested code.
But I wanted to share it here at this, its earliest state.
If anyone wants to follow the project,
Or help out in testing and correcting.

websocketking.com is what I will likely use to start testing the handlers.
The hard part is yet to come, but I can't see how this did not save tons of
time already.
It only took a couple hours, not including usage wait times.
I think its a good starting point.

Testing will start soon enough.
I started this early so that when inevitably I really need web sockets,
there is some kind of hope.
My main need for this is the ability to stream data like for example
streaming responses from openAI voice / chat completions.

https://github.com/MakeShyftRDA/Websockets-for-Livecode

Enjoy.

Tom
.