Embedded PDFs in Windows Menu

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jan 3 11:21:17 EST 2024

> Am 03.01.2024 um 17:09 schrieb Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> It sounds like he is dealing with file permissions. His app can create but not write. I’ll bet the PDF file is 0 kbytes.

I had contact with Charles off-list.
No, the pdf sizes are not 0 kbytes. And they were written to the user's documents folder.  The different PDF files have different sizes on Windows and contain  exact the same number of pages the real PDF has, but they are blank.

The problem seems to be solved now. He will import/store the PDFs again in custom properties, but doing this under Windows. When those are written back from custom properties to pdf files on hard disk, they can be read  on Windows and macOS.
So at least he can proceed.

Anyway, i was wondering what the reason might have been that this did not work with PDF stored in custom properties on macOS.