sideloading updates to mobile

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 21 12:47:01 EST 2024

sorry that i was not clear. we've been using private deploys since around
2010, using airlaunch to generate the bundle, and then uploading to a
private url. that's not what i meant.
i'm talking about updating/patching an existing app, in place. the devices
are in single-app mode, so we would either have to pay for mdm and then use
that service to push app updates, OR, if we didn't use mdm, we could have
the app pull the update and apply it.
i can kind-of guess how to make it work, but i'm sure there are a couple of
tricks that i don't want to have to figure out, if someone else has already
figured it out.