Livecode Future - and Microsoft past

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sat Aug 17 17:10:27 EDT 2024

doc hawk:

 > Somewhere in my files I have a (typed!) letter from Microsoft
 > from 1989 or 1990 responding to my suggestion as a software
 > developer suggesting that BASIC be attached to MS Word.

 > The gist was that it was an intriguing idea,
 > but they had no plans for such a thing.

I had to follow up on this; just couldn't do it sooner -

That's a wow moment, pretty epic and fun! Thanks for sharing that.
The flurry BEHIND that same typewriter would be a sight to behold. :)

(Looks like WordBasic and macro language history before VBA
varied a lot between DOS, Windows and Mac versions.)

I enjoyed all the comments and seeing many a great person pop up -
Sorry I couldn't respond to more, but many good ones lately.

I hope you are ALL doing well!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Radically Innovative Christian LiveCode Development
"PASSION for Elegant, Efficient Code!"
https://livecodeconsulting.com/