Extracting test scores from a PDF

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Sat Aug 17 14:16:40 EDT 2024

On 8/17/2024 12:24 PM, Charles Szasz via use-livecode wrote:
> I came a web app that can extract test scores from a PDF and insert them into an app.  Can LC do the same thing?

I assume you mean can a programmer write an app in Livecode to extract
test scores from a PDF and do something with them.

If the PDF has the test scores as text in the PDF (vs just a scanned
image), then, yes, you can make a Livecode app that uses the PDF widget
to open the PDF and retrieve the text from it and then parse that text
for the test scores. If there is a routine pattern to the how the test
scores appear, it will be easier to parse the text.