A Windows weirdness

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Aug 14 04:07:06 EDT 2024

On 2024-08-13 21:24, Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode wrote:
> It turned out that the issue was that I was reading the data as
> 	put URL format("binfile://%s", tPath) into tData
>
> this was working, but now returned "can't open file". Changing the
> statement to
> 	put URL format("binfile:%s", tPath) into tData

Can you give some examples of what tPath is in these circumstances? Just
to see what sort of paths the engine would have actually have been
passing to Windows.

> fixed the issue, so it's fine. But my question would be does anyone
> know what would have changed on the system to make this statement, that
> used to work, do so no longer?

I suspect Paul is right that this is UNC related - there have been some
security options added related to UNC paths to windows (buried somewhere
in the registry) so it could be that but I'm not 100% sure (I'll do some
experimentation later on).

What version of Windows does the afflicted machine have?

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Build Amazing Things