A Windows weirdness

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Aug 13 16:24:59 EDT 2024

An app running nightly by schedule on a Windows VM stopped working when the IT
department cracked down on security, downgrading the privileges of the user.
When this was reversed - and they swore there were no other changes - it still
didn't work properly because it failed to read some local data files.

It turned out that the issue was that I was reading the data as
	put URL format("binfile://%s", tPath) into tData

this was working, but now returned "can't open file". Changing the statement to
	put URL format("binfile:%s", tPath) into tData

fixed the issue, so it's fine. But my question would be does anyone know what
would have changed on the system to make this statement, that used to work, do
so no longer?

Many thanks,

Ben