iOS App Crashing On Close

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed Aug 7 15:33:51 EDT 2024

I have an app that has been humming along just fine in the app store.  I updated the app to 10.0.0 (rc1) and it’s now in TestFlight.   When I close the app from the OS (swipe up from bottom of phone and then swipe app up to exit it), I get this message:

“MyAppName” – Crashed
Do you want to share additional information with the developer?

Details about the crash in TestFlight (date, time, build, device model, etc.) seem useless.   I looked at the crash log in Xcode, but it too seems to just list the threads and hex values.  For example, the highlighted red line in the Crash List (in Xcode) shows:   MyAppName: 0x104a6c000 + 634716

Interesting thing is if I call “quit” in a button, I don’t get the crash.

Any thoughts?

-Dan