By popular demand - Extend access to LC Classic IDEs BEYOND 2027!

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at rivervalley.io
Fri Aug 2 10:51:14 EDT 2024

I've been half following the recent tweets but just don't have the mental
capacity to keep up.

FYI I used HyperCard since it was Beta and no manual!! I really commend
what Kevin and team have done to keep the world's most friendly programming
environment going. I wish I could just pay for LiveCode and use it. I am
guessing that is what Classic is. But perhaps I am just getting too old!

Regards
Kaveh

On Fri, 2 Aug 2024 at 15:32, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode <

> Everyone I know wants to keep using LC Classic for a while.
> Most people still want it. Read this list. LC Classic is popular!
>
> Launching LC 10 as DOA or a 'lame duck' makes little sense.
> LC 9 and 10 are still heavily in demand under the old terms.
>
> (I'm not against progress; in fact, before Create was announced ...
> I knew of at least 3 independent next-gen projects for LiveCode.
> Including my own! None would have cost $ millions, but anyway. :)
> Make a smoother, friendlier LiveCode transition for best results.)
>
> So, how long can we access the bona fide LC 9 and 10 Classic IDEs?
> Given the widespread demand - Through end of 2028? 2029? 2030?
> For all those of us who keep existing subscriptions, at least.
> And maintain LC 10 platform support for that duration.
>
> (Old licensing terms for app builds created with them, of course.)
>
> Kudos to all those thinking the same thing, and speaking up!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Curry Kenworthy
>
> Radically Innovative Christian LiveCode Development
> "PASSION for Elegant, Efficient Code!"
> https://livecodeconsulting.com/

Kaveh Bazargan PhD
Director
River Valley Technologies <http://rivervalley.io> ● Twitter
<https://twitter.com/rivervalley1000> ● LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/bazargankaveh/> ● ORCID
<https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1414-9098> ● @kaveh1000 at mastodon.social
<https://mastodon.social/@kaveh1000>
*Accelerating the Communication of Research*

*
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bazargankaveh_ismte-innovation-award-recipient-kaveh-bazargan-activity-7039348552526921728-XAEB/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop>
 [image:
https://rivervalley.io/gigabyte-wins-the-alpsp-scholarly-publishing-innovation-award-using-river-valleys-publishing-technology/]