By popular demand - Extend access to LC Classic IDEs BEYOND 2027!

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri Aug 2 10:31:16 EDT 2024

Everyone I know wants to keep using LC Classic for a while.
Most people still want it. Read this list. LC Classic is popular!

Launching LC 10 as DOA or a 'lame duck' makes little sense.
LC 9 and 10 are still heavily in demand under the old terms.

(I'm not against progress; in fact, before Create was announced ...
I knew of at least 3 independent next-gen projects for LiveCode.
Including my own! None would have cost $ millions, but anyway. :)
Make a smoother, friendlier LiveCode transition for best results.)

So, how long can we access the bona fide LC 9 and 10 Classic IDEs?
Given the widespread demand - Through end of 2028? 2029? 2030?
For all those of us who keep existing subscriptions, at least.
And maintain LC 10 platform support for that duration.

(Old licensing terms for app builds created with them, of course.)

Kudos to all those thinking the same thing, and speaking up!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Radically Innovative Christian LiveCode Development
"PASSION for Elegant, Efficient Code!"
https://livecodeconsulting.com/