Android 13 and higher and share files problems

Ludovic THEBAULT ludovic.thebault at laposte.net
Wed Apr 17 03:43:49 EDT 2024

Hello,

I have an Android application that stores files in the "Documents" folder. The path to the files is something like : « /data/user/0/com.xxx.files/ ».

With phones running Android 13 or higher, the application folder "com.xxx" is no longer visible in the file explorer, whereas on an Android 11 devices or under we can see it and access to the files.

What should I do? Thank you.

PS : on android 13 and higher I’ve also this bug : If I want to send the file by email, using the Gmail application, even if the attachment is present in the body of the email, the sending fails due to an error "Unable to attach the file". With another email application, it works. I guess this problem is related to the first !

Ludovic