Android Standalone buiulding error

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Sep 28 13:51:31 EDT 2023

Hi Panos,

> Am 28.09.2023 um 19:40 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Hello Klaus,
>
> I am afk

what does that stand for? 8-)

> now, but there is a bug report about it. The workaround is to make
> sure you have installed only v31.0.0 of the android *build tools*. Anything
> above v31 will cause this error.

But LC claimed this for version 9.6.10 (from the LC blog):
LiveCode 9.6.10 Stable Released
FEATURES ADDED:
Android API 33 update
The Android engine is now built using version 33 of the Android API, a requirement for new apps submitted to the Google Play Store. Note you’ll have to install “Android API 33” using the SDK Manager in Android Studio.
And I am using LC 9.6.10!
I installed API 33 for this reason. What gives? :-(

And we MUST use API 33 for new apps or updates of older app.
Or did I misunderstand this Google requirement?

> Cheers,
> Panos
>
> On Thu, 28 Sept 2023, 18:35 Klaus major-k via use-livecode, <
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> I created an Android runtime from this stack in April without any problem.
>> Now I changes some minor cosmetic issues and got this error when "Save as
>> standalone..."
>>
>> Only thing I can remember is that I added API 33 in Android Studio.
>>
>> macOS 12.7, LC 9.6.10. Android Studio 2021.3
>> There was an error while saving the standalone application
>> Could not encode class bundle - error:
>> Methods with invalid locals information
>> void androidx.orint.Printre persprintUriAdapters
>> I.onrosttxecutelandroid.araonics.Bitman)
>> Information in locals-table is invalid with respect to the stack map
>> table. Local refers to non-present stack map type for register: 2 with
>> constraint OBJECT
>> Info in
>>
>> /private/var/tolders/8v/k8b7ir8503db3h60tdt9pbw0000a/T/Temporarvltems/tmp.6277.nK1natOk/22/classes.iar:androidx/viewoaaer/widaet/PagerTitleStrip.class
>> Methods with invalld locals intormation
>>
>> voidandroidx.viewpager.widget.PagerTitleStrip.updateTextPositions(int.float,boolean"
>> Intormation in locals-table is invalid with respect to the stack map
>> table. Local refers to non-present stack map type for register: 37 with
>> constraint INT

Best

Klaus

--