Android ANR (App not responding | Jacque was right :-)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 14 14:03:43 EDT 2023

He's not crashing, it's a hang. I can't remember if logcat shows those.

My guess is that it's a memory problem since he's running a very old
version of Android with not much RAM, and restarting the app may force
retained apps to release RAM. But a log can't hurt at any rate.

Klaus, remove all unnecessary widgets from your home screen(s). Also go
through all the apps in settings and disable or delete any you don't use.
Android will not allow you to do that for required apps so if the buttons
are enabled then it's safe. Most devices come with a lot of bloatware that
runs in the background and uses memory. Widgets are especially bad at that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On September 14, 2023 12:21:15 PM Ralph DiMola via use-livecode