greying out columns in a dataGrid

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 19:46:24 EST 2023

Hi Hershel,

A possible solution consists to add this handler in the datagrid group
script:

*command* DG_ColorColumn pColName, pColor, pInk
*  set* the opaque of grp pColName of me to (pColor is not empty)
  set the backcolor of grp pColName of me to pColor
  set the ink of grp pColName of me to pInk
*end* DG_ColorColumn

Then, call this handler that way:

*on* mouseUp
  dispatch "DG_ColorColumn" to grp "datagrid 1" with "col 2", "211,211,211",
"srcCopy"
*end* mouseUp

Best Regards,

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 at 22:49, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <

> On 11/30/2023 4:41 PM, Hershel F via use-livecode wrote:
> > sorry my mistake. does not have to be greyed out should be a gray color.
> > or to rephrase the question properly, how the change the color to gray?
>
> Ah! I am pretty sure it can be done, but I do not know how to do it
> exactly. By guess is that you will probably need to edit the row
> template to add a "grey" background behind the columns your may want to
> grey and then for those columns in the Property inspector, create a
> custom column behavior to show or hide that grey background graphic
> based on whatever calculation your want.
>
> That is a guess though.

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com