resizeControl wishes...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Nov 30 16:34:12 EST 2023

On 11/30/2023 2:20 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode wrote:
> Groups get the message when resize happens by script.
> Other objects only receive the message when resized by hand.
>
> Brian Milby
> brian at milby7.com

Except, the "PowerButton" widget actually receives "resizeControl" just
as a group does when its rect is changed by script control (as well as
by user manipulation of its resize handles). So it *is* inconsistent.
Or, at the very least, poorly documented.

And, for my purposes, if the PowerButton can received a resizeControl
handler, I'd really like to see the PDF widget get the message also. The
XPDF external requires, as its target for a drawing area, a Graphic
inside a Group, and the containing group gets resizeControl. You can use
that resizeControl to show/hide scrollbars as appropriate based on zoom;
set the scroll to keep a highlighted part of the PDF in view when
resized; and more. For a migration path from the XPDF External to the
PDF Widget, the PDF Widget should support resizeControl as well.