Windows maximization on desktops

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Nov 9 18:05:52 EST 2023

On 11/9/2023 5:38 PM, ambassador--- via use-livecode wrote:
> Paul Dupuis wrote:
>
>> Is there a message sent when a user click the maximize icon (macOS
>> and Windows) in the titlebar of a window?
> As others have pointed out, resizeStack is sent. And by definition, wouldn't the windowBoundingRect be the maximized size?

So, the windowBoundingRect actually only applies to the main monitor
(where 'the screen of stack "X" = 1' so you actually need to consider
windowBoundingRect deprecated and use the working screenRects or the
effective working screenRects (I may have my adjectives in the wrong
order!) and compare the screen of the stack in question to the line in
the returned screenRects for a bounding rect equivalent.

> I'm curious: what does the app need to do differently if the user resized the window to that rect manually vs the Maximize button?

It is an oddity (bug) where certain windows in HyperRESEARCH are not
redrawing their contents properly when the maximize icon in the title
bar is clicked and the window maximized. However, if you resize the
window to the maximum size, everything is redrawn correctly. I was
asking about the maximize message as it may have aided in debugging the
issue - if there was such a message sent. This is also only on macOS.
The same windows maximize correctly whether resized manually or the
maximize icon in the title bar is clicked. Also, I have not determined
if this behavior started happening on some specific version of macOS yet.

In theory, as you stated, there should be no difference between resizing
a stack/window manually and clicking the maximize icon.