Property Inspector bug for keys with commas in the key name

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Fri Nov 3 16:21:03 EDT 2023

Hi Bernd,

You do make a good point about the documentation regarding custom
properties. Assuming people read the documentation. At the same time,
you used to be able to use commas in custom property names. As Curry
noted, Livecode even used to use them in the standalone setting
properties, so the mothership set a precedence.

My problem is that I have stacks where commas were used because they
could be used and there was value to using them as evidenced by how
Livecode used them in the standalone settings. Now I can only edit them
via scripts rather than the current PI.

It's not really a problem since I can do updates by script. It is more
of just an annoyance.

Knowing that the current issue if the hilitedElement of the tree view
object, I won't bother trying to look for any quick fix I could make to
the PI code in the IDE. Thanks for the information.