Run LC on old Mac with Ventura!

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Mon May 29 13:11:00 EDT 2023

If memory serves, the problem with older machines was not running the metal graphical system, as they lacked the hardware.

There were some near-contemporaneous patches that allowed at least the first post-mohave osx to run, put were reported as glacially and painfully slow as metal got emulated on older hardware.

This says that the patch allows supporter non-metal graphical cards, though—I’m curious how that would work on apple stuff that calls to metal.

But, alas, the 2012 iMac isn’t the list, so I guess I’m out of luck anyway.