Latest video -- integration of AI into script editor

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri May 19 11:51:53 EDT 2023

Mark Smith wrote:

 > On 18 May 2023, at 10:14 pm, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> If you need to do that again:
 >> http://fourthworld.net/lc/4W_FormMaker.rev
 >
 > Hi Richard, do you have a short introduction to FormMaker?

"It makes forms." :)

I have a large number of simple tools (a GB by now?) I've made to help
with things I've worked on over the years. They're not like products or
anything, just simple stuff to get a job done.

In this case, it reduces the steps needed to make a simple text entry
form down to the one thing that will always require variance: the names
of the fields.  Type those in the field provided, click a button, and it
creates a label and entry field for each line you'd entered, all inside
a group so you can easily handle appearance things like text font and
size, and script binding by looping through all members of the group (I
tend to populate sets of fields from arrays, with field names matching
keys so one simple handler gives me binding everywhere quickly without
having to think about it).

Having a good GUI layout tool like LC valuable.
Having it scriptable to automate common tasks is invaluable.

Some day I'll get around to doing a writeup on a layout construction
metalanguage I was working on a while back to extend layout automation
in ways that provide the most construction with the least typing. Maybe
that'll be a good kickoff for the radically-reimagined
LiveCodeJournal.com in the works...

--
Richard Gaskin
Fourth World Systems