Different default bg color of stacks Mac/Win

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu May 11 10:54:43 EDT 2023

On 2023-05-11 15:51, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> Am 11.05.2023 um 16:49 schrieb Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>
>> On 2023-05-11 15:45, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>>> See screenshot of a stack with two OPAQUE (and white) text fields
>>> created
>>> on Mac and opened on Windows. Surprise, surprise...
>>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/n58ahwlivvzygmy/windows_grey_bg.png?dl=0>
>>> Is this a bug or feature?
>>> If a bug, should I create a report for that?
>>
>> Not a bug - the default is to use 'native' themes on desktop
>> platforms, and that also
>> influences the background color of a stack.
>
> aha, thanks for the quick answer. Is this documented somewhere?

Yes - in the dictionary entry for the backgroundColor property of
objects:

```
Cross-platform note: On Mac OS, OS X, and Windows systems, if the
backgroundColor of all objects in the object hierarchy is empty, the
background color set by the system is used.
```

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Build Amazing Things