opencard and visual effect

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Tue May 2 10:21:18 EDT 2023

Hi Craig,

> Am 02.05.2023 um 16:05 schrieb Craig Newman via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>
> Klaus.
>
> I would guess that as soon as the card was navigated to, that is, before any visual effect starts or finishes.
> Not sure how to test this since I am not sure what messages or properties might be set before, during or after a visual effect runs.
>
> Craig

thank you, but I need certainty! :-)

My scenario:
lock screen for visual effect
set the effectrate to 300
go next cd
unlock screen with visual wipe left very slow

and on the "next card"  I need to measure the time until the
user hits a certain key (1 or 2) on the keyboard like this:
-------------------------
## Script of the "next" card:
local tMillisecs

on opencard
   put the millisecs into tMillisecs
end opencard

on keydown tKey
if tKey = 1 OR tKey = 2 then
   put the millisecs - tMillisecs into tDuration

You get the picture, so I need to measure this precisely!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major