Backscript not in message path

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 8 17:36:39 EDT 2023

I have a stack in a standalone that needs to be saved to disk, so I copy it to a writeable
location (preferences) on first launch. I also have a backscript that is inserted when the
mainstack opens.

This works in the IDE but in a standalone, the writeable stack can't find the backscript and
throws errors ("handler not found.") I believe the backscript should always be in the message
path once it's been inserted, regardless of where the current stack is located. Stacks that are
included in Copy Files and are not moved have no problem with the backscript.

Has anyone seen this?

It may be related to another problem I've found: specialFolderPath("resources") returns the
folder the writeable stack is in, even in a standalone. I expect that in the IDE but shouldn't
a standalone always reference the resources folder in the app?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com