Reorder fields

Mark Smith marksmithhfx at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 09:19:23 EDT 2023

Thanks Geoff. Very interesting. That was, of course, my problem. The items were grouped and the relayerGroupedControls property was false. Changing it to true immediately made it possible to relayer the controls. I feel like I’ve just been introduced to huge component of livecode that I never knew existed (and thought was only available in one place in the IDE). There are rules here, and not just a few. First, items won’t relayer if they are grouped and relayingGroupedControls is set to false. If set to true then you can relayer them, but keep in mind a side effect (as I experienced) is it might change the grouping. However, if you toggle "select grouped" in the IDE you’ll visually see what is grouped, and you can relayer those groups if that achieves your purpose. In the case of just changing the tab order you have several options: you can change the relayerGroupedControls to true, you can ungroup the items and change the layer on the positions tab in the properties inspector or you can use the project browser to drag items around to relayer them (as this has the advantage of showing (more clearly) what items are grouped). Terrific information to know. Thank you everyone.

Geoff, I’ve never played with Navigator but from the sounds of it you’ve kept it updated. Is it still available?

Mark