Field highlited

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Jul 12 18:21:57 EDT 2023

I have a LC9 field object - just a scrolling field (not a list field)
with a lot of text. The user selects some text and then click a button
near the field. I want the selection to remain highlighted, but when you
click outside the field the highlight goes away.

Any simple solutions to this. Some property I am just blanking on? In
another app, I've used the "selectionChanged" message to (1) set the
background color of the selection to a highlight color and store the
start and end characters as custom properties of the field. I'm hoping
there is an easier way I am just missing.

OR

There should be a feature enhancement: set the preserveHighlight of
field X to true
That keeps the highlighted selection unless or until you make a new one
in that field