Cross-platform font comparison (Neville Smythe

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 30 01:18:41 EST 2023

On January 29, 2023 12:35:27 PM "R.H. via use-livecode"
> I am mainly on Win 11. It is true that in LC on Windows font styles are not
> accessable, and never were. The italic and bold are probably just computed
> and not taken from the actual style.

Styled fonts used to be auto-generated but a while ago, after version 7 I
think or somewhere around there, LC stopped doing that. Now it looks for a
font in the same family that is the requested style. If it doesn't exist,
the text is rendered as plain. For example, if you have Arial Bold
installed, you get bold. Otherwise you get Arial regular.

Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com