Training the AI to write better LiveCode

Mark Smith marksmithhfx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:27:17 EST 2023

I read a fascinating article in the Independent this morning that indicates just how disruptive this technology could be: ChatGPT passes MBA final exam at Wharton School of Business (research study, final paper in preparation),  second, Harvard researchers find ChatGPT could pass the US Medical licensing exam (it performed at or near the passing level for all 3 finals). Of course, egregious errors were found in both sets of exams, but ChatGPT is barely out of the box (so to speak). It remains to be seen just how long it will take to mature but if I had to guess, I would say your next business consultant or GP (a few years from now) could well be a chatbot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/chatgpt-mba-exam-wharton-professor-b2267919.html <https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/chatgpt-mba-exam-wharton-professor-b2267919.html>

Can we do it without bloodshed, or does this just nudge the doomsday clock forward a few more seconds? Let's hope we can.

Laws and politicians will have to respond quickly to what can and cannot be done using this new technology, but who polices the politicians? Corruption and the abuse of power is not changed by the presence of this new kid on the block. It will be a race to see who or what can evolve more quickly; the tech or the societies that built it. Or will the tech help us to become better human beings; ones more capable of compassion, concern and understanding?

Mark