Standalone riddle

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jan 17 18:47:08 EST 2023

This may be how your Time Travel stack becomes self-aware.

Bob S

On Jan 15, 2023, at 19:21 , J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

How ironic. The stack contains the LC dictionary. I should have asked it.

Riddle solved.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com<mailto:jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>
On January 15, 2023 9:06:09 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

On 1/15/23 15:58, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:

I think I've figured it out; the files won't be any different. Test
builds always include the remote debugger, standalones do not unless you
specifically select it in Inclusions. I didn't do that, and I have an
errorDialog handler in the stack, so I think that's causing the
appearance of the error dialog in the standalone. In the test app the
error seems to be ignored (but don't ask me why...)

Here's why. From the dictionary:

*Note:* The errorDialog message is only sent while Script Debug mode
is turned off.

--
Mark Wieder
ahsoftware at gmail.com<mailto:ahsoftware at gmail.com>