Chat and textarea formatting

harrison at all-auctions.com harrison at all-auctions.com
Tue Feb 14 15:35:49 EST 2023

Greetings LC List Members,

I have to create a little chat program with LiveCode on a LiveCode server.
Currently I have a textarea text box to accept the user’s input, but it won’t
keep any formatting at all, not even carriage returns, line feeds, or bold
faced text.  I also have to put that information into a database, so I can
pull it out later.

How are you handling such things with LiveCode?  One would think that
by this time we would have something simple that would deal with this!
It has to be a common problem, and one would think their would be a
common solution to it.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rick