Browser Widget navigation and urls

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Feb 6 07:24:52 EST 2023

The website might be actually a JavaScript 'app' that's displaying different
information rather than navigating to different pages, which is now a very
popular web dev technique.

A responsible implementation of this approach includes a non-JS fallback, for
accessibility purposes; and makes the app manipulate the browser's URL display
so that if someone bookmarks the page, or sends a link, the link will work to
display the same 'page' as the user intended.

You might be able to inject something to access the 'window.location' object,
which I think is what is manipulated in this case.