OT - a new release of WinSignHelper for macOS

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Aug 24 11:20:55 EDT 2023

I build for Windows and do not need a certificate. I’ve run my app on Windows 10 and server 2019 without an issue.

Bob S

On Aug 24, 2023, at 6:28 AM, Randy Hengst via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Hi All,

This all very interesting. I haven’t built for windows in about 10 years. So, I’ve never messed with signing certificates.

I’ve downloaded and played with Matthias’ CodeSigning Tool… seems very straight forward. But, I’m trying to build an app only for a friend to use for free and, so, I’m not too keen on buying a certificate for $100+ every year.

Is there a way for folks to open an app on windows that is not signed? …like you can do on a Mac after the scary alert…

take care,
randy

Randy Hengst
classroomfocusedsoftware.com<http://classroomfocusedsoftware.com/>