OT - a new release of WinSignHelper for macOS

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Thu Aug 24 09:28:49 EDT 2023

Hi All,

This all very interesting. I haven’t built for windows in about 10 years. So, I’ve never messed with signing certificates.

I’ve downloaded and played with Matthias’ CodeSigning Tool… seems very straight forward. But, I’m trying to build an app only for a friend to use for free and, so, I’m not too keen on buying a certificate for $100+ every year.

Is there a way for folks to open an app on windows that is not signed? …like you can do on a Mac after the scary alert…

take care,
randy

Randy Hengst
classroomfocusedsoftware.com