Variable Watcher disappeared

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Tue Aug 8 13:18:16 EDT 2023

Hi Bob

So you can see the Script Editor but you can’t see the variables pane at the bottom?

There is a drag handle at the bottom of the Script Editor pane to resize it.   Maybe you accidentally dragged that to the bottom hiding the variable pane at the bottom.

Even if you did that you should still see the tabs for ‘Errors’; ‘Variables’; ‘Documentation’; ‘Breakpoints’; ’Search Results’.

You should be able to drag the Drag handle up to reveal the bottom pane.

The following doesn’t probably apply to you if your Script Editor Stack is open and visible.

You probably know this but another thing that happens to me is that some of the LiveCode stacks disappear randomly.

One thing that happens is that they somehow get moved offscreen.

To get them back I first check if they are there by typing the following into the message box.

put the openstacks

That should result in a list like this.

Message Box
My Demo Stack
revInspector
revTools
revNewScriptEditor 1
revDictionary
revMenuBar
Improve LiveCode Handler Finder
com.livecode.palette.autocomplete.completions

If you see the stack in the list that you are looking for you can relocate it back to the screen by setting its location to something that will be on your display by entering the following in the message box.
set the topleft of stack "revtools" to 100,100

Two other reasons stacks disappear is that they become hidden or closed.

If the stack is closed then enter the following in the message box

open stack “revtools

If the stack is open but hidden enter

show stack “revtools”

If it is your message box that you can’t find then there is nothing you can do….

… Just kidding.  ;-)

Just type command key + M to show the message box.

Bob, I am sure this is covering things you already know  but just in case there others in future are looking for this I added the other cases where your LiveCode IDE stacks disappear.

BTW I am using LC 9.6.9 on a M1 Max Mac running Ventura 13.41

Martin