Custom property retrieval incorrect

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Apr 28 06:36:42 EDT 2023

On 2023-04-27 23:32, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> Those are exactly the two values I get too. The earliest version of LC
> I currently have installed is 9.6.7 and it happens there and in three
> newer versions after that.
>
> A custom property named "cVers" works okay. But I've been using
> "cVersion" for years and years, so not sure what the ripple effect may
> be if I update my older apps (which is how I found this one.) For now I
> can change the name of the property, I guess.
>
> Thanks for tracking it down, Mark. I'm not crazy after all.
>
> On 4/27/23 5:09 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode wrote:
>>
>> The 1.0.4 cVersion comes from com.livecode.library.i18n.1.0.4
>> The 3.0.9 cVersion comes from
>> com.livecode.library.smartcrumbsvcw.3.0.9
>>
>> Unfortunately the scripts for both are locked, so there's no
>> workaround other than not using the cVersion custom property.

@MarkW : Thanks for tracking down which libraries it is.

@Jacque (and anyone else): You can just remove those two
libraries/extensions from My LiveCode for now (assuming you aren't using
them).

I've poked the developers of them and asked them to remove the offending
getProp handlers from those libraries - hopefully an update will go out
next week :)

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Build Amazing Things