Custom property retrieval incorrect

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 27 15:50:13 EDT 2023

I have a custom stack property called "cVersion" that is used to determine update availability
and is shown in an About stack. In LC 9.6.7, 9.6.9, and 10.0.0 dp 5 the custom property is
returned incorrectly.

I set the cVersion of the stack to 3.0.0 in the property inspector and also tried from the
message box and from a handler. In both the message box and in a script it returns 3.0.9. I
saved the stack, quit LC, relaunched and opened the stack and it then reported 1.0.4. I don't
know where these numbers are coming from.

There are three substacks but none of them have any custom properties at all. When I open the
stack property inspector it does correctly say "3.0.0".

I deleted the custom property completely and then re-entered it. It still says 3.0.9 on a new
launch.

I created a new custom property called "cVers" and it does report 3.0.0 as specified. Other
custom stack properties also retrieve correctly, it is only this particular one that fails.

Anyone seen this? Is there something special about a custom prop named "cVersion"? This used to
work fine, but that was about 2 years ago.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com