Problem using AppleScript of "system events" to click a location on screen

Ben Rubinstein benr at cogapp.com
Thu Apr 27 14:21:19 EDT 2023

Update to note:

1) Difference in LiveCode versions.

Under the IDE in LiveCode 9.6.7 behaviour is as per the standalone; no click,
and 'the result' is the path to the control.  Under the IDE in LiveCode 9.6.8
or LiveCode 10.0.0dp5, 'the result' is "execution error".

2) The browser widget is a red herring; relevant only insofar as if it was
some other spot on the stack, I could just the LiveCode "click at <loc>".
Whether over the browser widget or some other part of the stack window,
invoking the applescript returns the identity of the control at that location,
rather than clicking it (in LC 9.6.7 IDE, or standalone built from any
version); or execution error in later IDEs.